I’m pretty sure that Oregon invented the original “50 shades of gray” before it became a popular book – which I have not read. Let’s review the highlights of how you know you live in the NW.
1) Standard issue gray – if you cannot afford gray, one will be assigned to you
2) Light gray
3) Medium gray
4) Dark gray
5) Ueber gray
6) Off gray
7) I want to off myself gray
8) I can’t find my gray mittens kind of gray
9) Merlot for breakfast gray
10) This is not an all gray suit I’m wearing, it’s my cloaking device
11) I tripped over my gray pony because I didn’t see him kind of gray
12) Gray with a hint of arctic blast chill
13) Gray with a touch of “soaked to my marrow” moisture
14) Gray with a super-powered fog horn
15) Gray with fluffy snow-like stuff which turns ordinary people into crazy ass drivers
16) ‘Who put my zebra in a blender?’ kind of gray
17) Oh goody, it’s gray again!!
18) Does this gray make me look fat?
19) Graypes of Wrath
20) Oregon – it’s a GRAYTE state
You are hilarious.
Then there is the “I have no choice. That option is GRAYED OUT gray!”