1) Drive down the middle of the road, through slush, to get to the hammer dulcimer teacher’s house. Have a fun lesson.
2) Eat at Veggie Grill – YUM.
3) Go to JoAnn’s Fabrics. Buy 4 small felt squares and 2 pounds of polyfill. Those are going to be some mighty stuffed teddy bears!
4) Come home and resurrect clawhammer banjo playing and remember how much I LOVE it! See below.
5) Put on heart monitor. Open app on phone. Run up and down stairs like a maniac. Bounce on mini trampoline like a maniac. Heart rate feels like it’s way up there but it’s not. My resting heart rate is 47-52. Burn 77 calories in 10 minutes. Go back to the (incredibly rare, almost never watch) mindless TV. Stellar day. The snow and ice that turned into slush is now, with the rain, turning into flooding.
Yesterday, I hugged a friend’s therapy dog because it was supposedly hypoallergenic. Welll – not so much, unfortunately. At 2am, still waiting for the reaction to die down and for Auntie Histamine to kick into gear, I found myself watching tutorials on my iPhone – on how to make origami Easter bunnies that have a basket area large enough to hold a hard boiled egg. Yep, that’s how I spend my time, folks. I am clearly an asset to this planet 🙂 But truly, origami is an amazing art form. Check out Origami Spirit
On another note – pun intended – I had my first clawhammer banjo lesson today with my new teacher, Curt Alsobrook. He is awesome! I have about 6 months of group and private classes under my belt? fingers? in the past, but got derailed with the chronic pain years, so here we go again.
And I just have to sing it again, “Oh I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee – because I really do!!!”
Check out Curt’s “wicked good” playing here: